Uncover the Net Blog

Uncover the Net > Blog > Uncover the Net Blog: Editor Introduction

Monday, January 03, 2005

Editor Introduction

Hi, I am an editor for Uncover the Net. I am a librarian working at Central Michigan University. I am also a senior editor at Joeant and I edit at DMOZ and Zeal. I am using this experience to find good sites for Uncover to help build the directory up.

There is nothing wrong with having a directory that charges commercial sites for inclusion. However, any directory that only lists paying sites is pretty worthless in my opinion. If you don't have good non-commercial information Web surfers will ignore you. It becomes obvious that those directories that mainly only add paying sites are just selling PR. This is not the case with Uncover as we are adding tons of free non-commercial sites every day. This directory is meant to be useful to end users. And of course, it should remain a good value for those commercial sites which pay to be reviewed for a listing.

I hope to be working with Uncover the Net for a long time. It is exciting to be building a new directory from scratch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnjon said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about pharmacy affiliate program You should check it out sometime.

October 15, 2005 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home








Add Url | Forums | Blog | Advertise | Sponsors | Terms | Affiliate Program
Merchandise | What's New | Site Map | About | Toolbar | Email | Jobs | Contact
Channels: Articles | Restaurants | Lyrics | Webmasters
Copyright © 2005 Uncover the Net ™